My face was too tender for makeup for a while after having my wisdom teeth out, but I got a chance to sit down this past weekend and really play with some makeup again.
I’ve never been good at putting eyelashes on myself, but after some tips from a friend who wears them literally everyday I managed to figure it out! They’re not perfect, but they’re not atrocious either, and I’m pretty proud.
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
- Shiseido The Makeup Stick Foundation*
- NARS Pressed Powder
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Scone
- Benefit Rockateur blush
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- MAC Eyeshadows in Coppering, Espresso and Mystery
- MAC In Extreme Dimension shadow
- Sigma Line Ace liquid eyeliner
- Hourglass 1.5mm Mechanical Gel Eyeliner
- Some random false eyelashes I had!
In the first look, above, I used the lightest pink concealer from the MAC Pro Conceal and Correct palette on my lips. It’s so, so far from my comfort zone and what I’d usually wear, but I LOVE how it turned out.
The recommendation of the black KISS eyelash glue is what changed the game with lashes for me, I think. I didn’t master them right away (and I got quite a bit of black glue on my eyelid, hence the heavy eyeliner) but the fact that I got both lashes on my eyelids in a mostly-functional way was a good sign! Maybe one day I’ll be good enough to put on lashes and then leave the house.
I also tried the look with MAC Morange lipstick but my overdrawing kinda got away from me and I don’t love it as much.
Which lip colour do you prefer with this look? Do you have any false eyelash tips for me?